* The shop is filled to the brim with the best primitive needfuls...please stop by and see what's new. Hope you can visit soon!! *

Friday, September 20, 2013

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Before & After $30 Thrift Store Headboard!

I was lucky enough to find this King Sized headboard at the thrift store for $30! I used The Primitive Life Organic Milk Paint in "Skillet" and transformed it into this picture perfect headboard for our new bedroom!

It was very simple! First I cleaned the headboard with warm soap and water and a sponge, just to get any germs off, I sprayed with Lysol...then lightly sanded it with medium sandpaper,wiped it down and painted. It took about 15 minutes to paint. After I let it dry for a couple of hours, I sanded it lightly in areas where I wanted it to look "distressed". That's it! Total time about 3 hours. If I can do it, anyone can!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 2 Primitive Kitchen Redo...what were we thinking?

TIRED...just getting home after a long day. Cabinets are cleaned, sanded and painted. The wood counter top has been sanded, wood filled and sanded again, caulked then stained. The entire kitchen has been painted with a lovely Valspar historically inspired color from Lowe's, Cinncinatian Hotel.

Here's some pictures, much more to do, but it is coming along.

The cabinets are painted in The Primitive Life Milk Paint in the color "Beets".

I just love the way the color of the counters look with this old frame and photo. I can't wait to get done and decorate! Right now though...time for bed!

Update on Primitive Kitchen Redo on a Budget!

Total spent to date: $472

Here's some pics of what we accomplished in one day. The old cabinets torn out, refurbished cabinets installed, custom wood countertop built on site and installed...looks better already!

I found a few minutes yesterday to scoot out to Goodwill in search of a valance for the weird tiny windows over the counter/sink area. Lucky me!! I scored three Waverly valances at only $2,99 each!

 they had the gingham check I was looking for, along with some pretty big roses...I cut the roses off and altered them so that they will have a more "country" feel. I am hoping that they are long enough to cover the big white space above the windows once we remove the shelves. Fingers crossed! More pictures later...